No one knows about or cares about Waiting for Superman Really.
I have not seen the movie, but have read many blogposts and newspaper reviews about it. I feel fed up with the negative portrayal of teachers just like many others. But does it really matter?
Very few people are going to see this movie or even know about it. Probably more people saw the “commercial” for it on Oprah than will actually see the movie. Jackass 3-D was the number one movie this past weekend and Superman fell two places to 18th on the list of movies viewed.
With just over 2.5 million in total sales at $10 a ticket that is only 250,000 people. If we double that to half a million people to count for free viewings and cheaper tickets (I am being overly generous here) that is around 1 out of every 700 Americans.
- What is Waiting for Superman?
- Tell me everything you know about it.
- Who is Michelle Rhee?
- Tell me everything you know about her.
- Who is Joe Klein/Geoffrey Canada/fill in your favorite “reformer” here?
- Tell me everything you know about them.